Monday, July 14, 2008

A Prayer

Spirit of the Living GOD,

be the Gardener of my

soul. For so long I have been waiting, silent and still –

experiencing a winter of the soul. But now, in the strong

name of Jesus Christ, I dare to ask:

Clear away the dead growth of the past,

Break up the hard clods of custom and routine,

Stir in the rich compost of vision and challenge,

Bury deep in my soul the implanted Word,

Cultivate and water and tend my heart,

Until new life buds and opens and flowers.

Amen.

1 comment:

Pamela Joy said...

Katerina, you have been very present in my thoughts and prayers of late. I am investing prayer in your internship - that the Lord would richly bless you in this time - not only, I must admit, because I want you to be blessed, but also because I look forward to the opportunity of learning from you as you learn from Him.
I love you!